Posted 4/27/2013
After looking at the blog I've been debating on decreasing the width. As it is blog posts have a width of 750 pixels compared to the average 620-640 on other sites. Right now the content area of the profile page is 680 pixels wide which is still much wider than most blog sites. The side bar is at 247 pixels.

While I would want to keep it at 680 pixels it may be better to instead decrease it to 672 pixels wide and about 255 pixels wide for the side bar. This will allow for content of 250 pixels to fit in better. The other advantages is this will leave room for items such as widgets, calendars, and even optional ad units user can ad to monetize on their blogs. Another issue I've noticed with blogs is that having wider widths it leaves far more content to fill which also leads to longer blog posts. While long blog posts can be great, it can also be a burden on the writer and can lead to sloppy content.

Let me know what you think of the current blog width. Right now I'm very likely to decrease the width in order to provide a more uniform design and offer far more features in the future.

~Webmaster

PS: I'm likely going to attempt to do the site maintenance late tonight when there aren't many active users.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;