Posted 10/27/2013

There have been some changes to server backups to help improve site integrity. Here's a list of the current backup procedures for the site!

Local Backups
The following items are backed up on the site daily.

• Application files for all domains.
  • Individual database backups for each date. (May eventually change as the database grows in size)
  • Individual user files such as avatars, profile images, etc.
  • Game server backups (e.g. Minecraft)
Remote Backups
The following items are backed up once a day at 4AM EST. Backups are designed to run at full speed from 10PM until 10AM. If you notice site slowness after 10PM be sure to let us know so we can adjust bandwidth usage during these times.
  • Core application files for all domains.
  • Individual database backups for each date in the last month (i.e. up to 31 backups)
  • Individual user files such as avatars, profile images, etc.
  • Game server backups (e.g. Minecraft)

At any given time there are 3 backups available on the site. This includes a local backup and 2 remote backups. The remote backups are duplicates of each other. In case of site abuse there are multiple backups available going back several years locally and up to 31 days remotely.

Even though files are backed up daily won't be able to accept requests for recovering lost data on the site. Such as avatars or profile images. If you change your avatar or profile images they will be permanently lost. You will need to make a backup of these files on your own computer. All image files are included to application data and can only be recovered going back 1 day.

While it is possible to roll back certain files such as images it is not always the case. On top of being able to rollback files there are manually backups done occasionally for development purposes. As always protecting user data is always a high priority. Just as you have dedicated yourself to making this site great I want to do everything I can do to preserve your efforts!

Thanks as always!
~Webmaster

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;