Posted 3/11/2011
As most of you already know Japan was struck by a massive quake at 2:46pm (12:46am ET), the largest documented earthquake in Japan's modern history. The quakes and tsunami have left hundreds homeless and have resulted in deaths in the hundreds. Those hurt near the Miyagi Prefecture have been greatly impacted beyond anything we could have ever feared.

My personal love for Japan is far greater than any country and even exceeds my respect for the United States. In my eyes Japan is the greatest leader in technological advancements and strides towards an outstanding education system. While it was anime that made me fall in love with Japan it is Japan’s culture and its people that won me over. I was heartbroken and shocked at the news this morning. We do not yet know the full impact of this devastation but relief efforts will be needed. Sadly, at this time our country is suffering great economic hardships which make it difficult for people to contribute towards the disaster.

I know that I will be donating to the cause and while I am just one person I will do whatever I can, no matter how little, to help towards relief efforts. I understand that not everyone is able to give towards relief and it is still too early to know the full impact of today’s events. At this time I have decided to give at least $100.00 to relief efforts out of my own pocket. However $100.00 is nothing compared to what Japan has given to me throughout the years and I want to give more. At this time I have several ideas how I can help out! Please stay posted and visit OtakuElite’s Facebook page for more information! I will be updating sometime tomorrow on ways that I may contribute more to Japan.

If you haven’t already I urge everyone to just take 15 seconds to think about those impacted by today’s events. I wish everyone luck and to those who have family and friends in Japan near the impacted areas I my heart goes out to you.

Stay safe,
~Webmaster

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;