Posted 8/06/2013

For all you lovers of the hit ARMA mod, 'DayZ', and the new standalone game, 'WarZ', get ready for a third contender for the open world zombie survival genre.

Introducing, '7 Ways to Die'.

http://youtu.be/NE6-XIMLf0A

I for one am excited for this. When itcomes out of it's Pre-Alpha mode.... And Alpha mode........ Aaaaaaaaand Beta mode, we will get the final product. The open world zombie survival genre doesn't have much competition outside of DZ and WZ, so we can likely expect 7 Days to potentially give both titles a run for their money.

Yes, yes I know. DayZ is not in standalone yet, and it won't be out until Q3 2013 if it doesn't get delayed again. And yes, I'm bummed too since Rocket declared that the DayZ standalone will be using the ARMA II RV engine and not the ARMA III RV engine, but it's still great news for fans of the genre.

Back to 7 Days.

From first looks and Pre-Alpha tests, it's being discussed as a DayZ/WarZ meets Minecraft survival. It seems to offer a more structured zombie world by having a night and day cycle that actually makes a difference outside of... You know. Black outs offered in DayZ.

The zombies are affected in the day by making them slow and not aggressive. While at night time they will destroy any fortifications you have put up and gain the athleticism of an Olympic class sprinter. 

But don't take the day time lightly. It's not going to be sunshine and roses where you can play with the zombies like a scene from Zombieland

OR
Rick from Season 2 and Season 3

Yes. I know that's not a zombie. But we all saw that coming. And it just adds to the 1337ness of him.

INSTEAD!

You will spend this entire day time hunting for resources, finding and upgrading weapons and even building your defenses in your home base.

Ok, enough for making this so damn long. Just trying to spread interest in, '7 Days to Die'. My friend Jace showed me this video, and I went nuts-o for it. So please give all credit to him if you're an instant fan too.

Enjoy the hype and post up your comments.

Posted 8/06/2013
Points for the Kevin Hart look alike.

Posted 8/06/2013
Looks like fun but I bet it costs an arm and leg.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

Potentially. Nice thing about a small party game like this is the beta should be pretty long. And I imagine free or very cheap.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

Potentially. Nice thing about a small party game like this is the beta should be pretty long. And I imagine free or very cheap.
 I'll see if I can obtain it if it cost any money then I'll have to abandon it.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Whenever I find out more info on it I'll be sure to post up and let you know.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Sure thanks man! *dragon high five*

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

::Manly dragon high five::

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

*Hulk dragon high five!*

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

*Hulk dragon high five!*
 ::Goku Dragon High Five::

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

*Hulk dragon high five!*
 *Chuck Norris High Five* 

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

*Hulk dragon high five!*
 *Chuck Norris High Five* 
 ::Bruce Lee High Five::

Posted 8/06/2013
*Arceus High Five of Judgement!*

Posted 8/06/2013
Looks like you have been Judged this fight was mine.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/07/2013
Looks like another video has popped up recently that I didn't know about.

Check out 22 minutes of gameplay with TheDevildogGamer.

Get a realistic sample of how the pre-alpha is looking so far.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/681Lt93w944

Posted 8/07/2013
Okay man I looked it up. The cerebellum and brain stem are responsible for most movement. The cerebellum controls coordination, posture,  balance, and some memory as well. The brain stem controls reflexes like seeing and hearing. It also makes you alert. 

What makes it great is the fact that these parts of the brain are located next to one another and are in the bottom of the brain next to the spine giving it direct acres to the body.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/11/2013
Ahh. So if you kill off the front lobe you're essentially only removing self preservation and conscious thought. So it could just add to the theory that they're just running on, 'Muscle memory'

Posted 8/11/2013
Ahh. So if you kill off the front lobe you're essentially only removing self preservation and conscious thought. So it could just add to the theory that they're just running on, 'Muscle memory'
 Exactly that's the basic idea. I'd say that a new zombie will still have full access to the brain but as it decays it will only have a functioning cerebellum and brain stem. Even if they are not un-dead the pathogen might just turn off parts of the brain and flip some chemical switches around.

By... "TheAwsome"

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;