Posted 8/06/2013
So WarZ is a open world zombie survival game where you and your party get thrown into a giant map and are forced to survive by scavenging and fending off hordes of hungry zombies. Of course this sounds like a good idea. Who hasn't thought that a zombie apocalypse would be awesome at one point or another? Well, in theory of course.

WarZ is the first standalone video game to do it on such a giant scale and involve the multiplayer aspect. Though people say that it is a blatant rip off of the ARMA II mod, 'DayZ', software developers from Hammerpoint have stated that this game was in the works long before Rocket came up with DayZ.

Now I know I'm calling it by it's old name, but I hate typing out Infestation: Survival Stories because of the movie, 'World War Z', so WarZ it is.

Now, here's the problem with WarZ. 

It's too dang easy. Zombies are clumsy and slow and they do not try to outsmart you. In fact, they will follow you into walls and then try to work around it to hopefully get to you. As fun as it sounds, a zombie survival should be difficult. That's the fun in games as we all know. Well, when it comes to a serious sit down type of video game at least.

Luckily the guys at Hammerpoint decided queued in on this and have adapted like the T-Virus. The new AI has been implemented today, August 8th, 2013. Here are the patch notes. WarZ

Hope you guys get a chance to play it. I demo'd it on a friends PC and I was amazed at how much potential it has.

Enjoy the video!

News supplied by Jace so all credit goes to him.

http://youtu.be/Yr684-XMojU

Posted 8/06/2013
Well realistically speaking zombies lost most intelligence. And thus coordination.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
Well realistically speaking zombies lost most intelligence. And thus coordination.

By... "TheAwsome"

True, but WarZ is suppose to be open minded to what the 'zombies' are. They actually could just be mutated people. Who might have a hive mind. Well, logically speaking. Or even something more like a... Consensus feature that's use in the Geth in the Mass Effect series. They never have let on that the zeds are actually stupid. They just portrait them as it. Specially since the new patch allowed for some zeds to be able to run. Showing different physical attributes. Maybe different levels of mutation?

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

True, but WarZ is suppose to be open minded to what the 'zombies' are. They actually could just be mutated people. Who might have a hive mind. Well, logically speaking. Or even something more like a... Consensus feature that's use in the Geth in the Mass Effect series. They never have let on that the zeds are actually stupid. They just portrait them as it. Specially since the new patch allowed for some zeds to be able to run. Showing different physical attributes. Maybe different levels of mutation?
 By mutation of the physical body you mean right okay. I think instead they may be more like a pack. In general when a human appears you hear that moaning sound. Perhaps it is super-sonic and other zombies simple come because they are attracted to the sound.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By mutation of the physical body you mean right okay. I think instead they may be more like a pack. In general when a human appears you hear that moaning sound. Perhaps it is super-sonic and other zombies simple come because they are attracted to the sound.

By... "TheAwsome"

They could possible revert into a more... Animalistic (Not a word) nature. As you said, a pack. Wolf pack, Hyena pack. Dog pack in general. A trapped wolf will chew it's own leg off to survive. As well as a hungry will will easily resort to cannibalism to survive. It's very common. And we know they are very intelligent hunters. Maybe the physical attribute, and lack of cognitive abilities holds the zeds back. 

It's plausible. The moaning could definitely help since... Well, with necrosis eye tissue would be one of the first to deteriorate. So that's a good theory, Aw.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

They could possible revert into a more... Animalistic (Not a word) nature. As you said, a pack. Wolf pack, Hyena pack. Dog pack in general. A trapped wolf will chew it's own leg off to survive. As well as a hungry will will easily resort to cannibalism to survive. It's very common. And we know they are very intelligent hunters. Maybe the physical attribute, and lack of cognitive abilities holds the zeds back. 

It's plausible. The moaning could definitely help since... Well, with necrosis eye tissue would be one of the first to deteriorate. So that's a good theory, Aw.
 I think a zeds brain isn't all turned off certain lobes are still active. Some memories as well like what is food. They also carry a liking towards sound as it draws them in. And there muscles must be working else they could not run or walk for that manner. Maybe they detect heat?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
 I think a zeds brain isn't all turned off certain lobes are still active. Some memories as well like what is food. They also carry a liking towards sound as it draws them in. And there muscles must be working else they could not run or walk for that manner. Maybe they detect heat?

By... "TheAwsome"

That's always a possibility. Do you think it actually could just be pure instinct based? Which lobe controls that? And which controls memory? I know memory and reaction come from entirely different places. As well as recognition. 

That's still a possibly sound theory.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

That's always a possibility. Do you think it actually could just be pure instinct based? Which lobe controls that? And which controls memory? I know memory and reaction come from entirely different places. As well as recognition. 

Hmm I'll have to do research later on corpses and brain lobes okay.... and instinct based actions are controlled by a part of the brain located in the back and bottom and center near the brain stem.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

Hmm I'll have to do research later on corpses and brain lobes okay.... and instinct based actions are controlled by a part of the brain located in the back and bottom and center near the brain stem.

By... "TheAwsome"

Huu. So you could maintain instinctive ability WHILE firing signals to the various muscles of the body. Maybe only the front half of the brain?

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Huu. So you could maintain instinctive ability WHILE firing signals to the various muscles of the body. Maybe only the front half of the brain?
 I don't know much about brain anatomy yet.....yet!
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;