Posted 6/25/2013
With ARTaku soon underway it's time to announce the plans for the main event!

Because we are still working on getting some of the final details down I'll only be going over the mechanics today. The finalized rules and regulations will be announced once prizes have been procured. As a result of the contest I'll be pushing back the Android updates until further notice. I'll still be doing some small updates in July but most will be related to adding features needed for the event.

The OtakuElite Summer Giveaway! (Official Name Pending)

In order to get new users we'll be giving away a fairly large number of prizes. At this time we're aiming to give away 50 prizes with a total value of around $500! The actual prizes haven't yet been finalized so you'll have to wait to find out!

How the event will work?

The event will last for 48 hours from 8:00 PM EST Friday August 2nd 2013 to 8:00 PM EST Sunday August 4th 2013 (Date is not finalized). During this time users will be given a chance to collect tickets that will be used to raffle off prizes!

How will I get tickets?

There are many ways to get tickets! The most common way to get tickets is to just use the site. When using the site you will be given an opportunity to select a special image to bring up a slot machine that will give you a randomized chance to win 0 to 3 tickets! The tickets will be viewable on your profile page along with the total number of tickets given out so far! You will only get a chance every 30 minutes to receive tickets. Until then you can try to collect tickets in many other ways!

During the event there will be mini-contest, trivia questions, and random giveaways in the forums. Event staff will be given the ability to give out codes that can be redeemed for tickets in as many creative ways as they can think! You may even get tickets by following the site on twitter, Facebook, through the IRC Chat, blogs, and maybe even during live streams! We can even come up with a few word games to pass the time! 

How will I find out if I win?

At the end of the event I'll be hosting a live stream to announce the winner using random.org. We'll also likely play some minecraft to pass the time. Even if you miss the live stream you'll still receive an email informing you that you won! Though you'll only have 72 hours to redeem your prize. If you fail to redeem your code in time we will randomly select a new winners from any prizes unaccounted for. So even if you don't win the original drawing you can still win 1st prize!

How you can help?

Because we're going to be busy preparing for the event you can help out in a lot of ways. We already have some users in mind who we would like to help out with the event. However we still need a name! Help us come up with a name by posting your ideas on the forum! Because of the limited time frame we'll be asking for more help as the deadline draws closer. The goal is to start advertising by July 2nd and to have everything ready for the event a week before the give away begins! It's a busy schedule, but luckily the mechanics are fairly simple.

Be sure to post your thoughts!
~Nyo
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;