Posted 9/14/2013

User groups have been added to the site! I'll be finishing the update tomorrow by showing a list of joined groups in the forum. As well I'll give a detailed update as to what groups actually are. For now you're free to try to create your own group! Remember you must be logged before attempting to create a group.

http://www.otakuelite.com/groups/create

Groups are still in alpha and there is a lot to do with them still. Be sure to report any bugs you find as I'm sure there are still a few kinks to be worked out.

~Webmaster

Posted 9/15/2013
A bit delayed, but I'm going to take a minute to go over groups! Groups are still a work in progress and there are a lot of features that will eventually be added. Be sure to report any issues on the forums so that they can be corrected!

Features:
  • Public, closed, or secret groups.
    • Public: Anyone can view and browse your group.
    • Closed: Guest can view the about page, but the forums are member only.
    • Secret: Hidden groups which are invite only. It is for members only!
  • Forum
    • Groups have a single forum in which members can share information.
    • Unlike the normal forums the group owners, admin, and moderators can manage the forums.
      • Moderators at this time have no abilities.
    • Because groups are self governed the rules are more relaxed. But the TOS still apply.
      • Site admins have full access to all groups for moderating potential abuse.
  • Member Page
    • Group owners and admins can invite and accept invites directly through their members page.
  • About Page
    • The about page is still in the works. But you will be able to have a free flow about section for the group.
    • More layout options will be included in future updates to allow for more control of the design.
Right now groups are just an extension to the forums but it will be changing in the future as new features are added. Here are some of the features we may be added.
  • Group Blogs
    • Will offer a way for multiple users to update a blog.
    • Groups will be given the option to assign writers for each group.
    • Will have the option to allow non-members to comment.
    • Will have the option to lock join requests.
    • Will have the option to disable certain parts of groups. (e.g. a blog only group)
    • Blog only groups can be a way for users to create a second blog for themselves without having 2 accounts.
  • Group Lists
    • Unlike checklists group lists will be recommendations and other items they choose to add. 
  • Group Layouts (coming soon)
    • As mentioned before you'll have the ability to customize the layout for groups. The customization will be the same as for user profiles. However, both user profiles and groups will be having additional features added.
  • Group Advertisements
    • You'll be given the ability to customize messages, banners, and other paraphernalia to help promote your groups.
    • On the group search page (coming soon) this information will be displayed to others on the search results.
As always if you have any suggestions be sure to mention them in the forums. Over the next few weeks I'll be making small changes to groups and fixing things up. I'll be turning back my attention to the anime database features as well. Then I'll be working on several blog features. The next step will hopefully be to update the android app.

Until next time!
Nyo

Posted 9/18/2013

A temporary group list has been added to the site. You can give it at http://www.otakuelite.com/groups

• Includes a create group link
  • Shows any secret groups you belong to
  • Includes a lit of public/closed groups
This page will be changing to a better design where users will be able to create a customized graphic to advertise their groups. For now this is a functional place holder until these features are added.

Posted 9/22/2013
Custom group layouts have been added! The layout features are the exact same as user profiles. Additional features for layouts will be added to both groups and user profiles in the very near future.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;