Posted 3/21/2013
I for one think greatly of this site and wish to see it improve further! If we all give out some possible and good suggestions some of them might become reality. So if you got some grand ideas present them if you want to of course.

Posted 3/21/2013
Thanks for the post. 

I'm always open to suggestions. Just let me know if you come up with any really good ideas.

Posted 3/22/2013
Some people new to the site may not know how to send in characters and anime to build up the website so in order to help I think we should ...
-Create a video to show how its done
-Create a new post were people can send in Anime or characters that were not published here yet so other people can send them in to enjoy.

( I may do this my self!)

Posted 3/22/2013
I did a video before and it was... bad.

Extremely bad, and i won't ever do one again. lol I'm going to be introducing a welcome message to users soon as soon as the user message system is integrated more into the site. It's a fairly small update but as of now my focus is on the user blog system which I'm hoping to have done this weekend.

Posted 3/22/2013
One thing I thought of is an icon or symbol for the site so people can recognize us easily! I noticed some Anime sites use an custom anime character.
-In order to show energy green/red hair in a crazy style can symbolize this. The character looks full of energy. :

-Or the relaxed mood with long straight hair that is blue/purple to bring calm feeling. With a mono-expression face. :

Of course there are many possibilities with this. I just thought it would be good to make a "commonplace" for people to respond to.

Posted 3/22/2013
Since this site is trying to attract many type of otaku use something that both a girl and boy can have a positive response to.

Perhaps you can hold a contest for people to decide on the site's symbol on.

Posted 3/22/2013
I'm pretty set on the logo for now. lol Really clean and professional design. Now if you're talking about a mascot that's another story! Sadly, there aren't enough users to hold a contest yet. 

Posted 3/22/2013
Ooohhh a contest for a site mascot is a wonderful idea! I'm too lazy to do much drawing myself but if we can get enough newcomers to the site to do a submission that'd be awesome!

Posted 3/22/2013
Yeah sorry I meant mascot but couldn't remember the word. Sorry about that

Posted 3/24/2013
Oh I got an idea what about a promotion video! It won't kill your wallet as it will be on youtube.

By doing this people who search up Anime or Manga there may see this as a suggestion for them to watch.
What do you think as I'm sure there is something I forget that will make this idea invalid.

Posted 3/24/2013
I've looked into a promotional video in the past. However the site's had a lot more success with adwords so far. YT vids tend to enter a black hole and never get seen. I've also tried doing marketing at anime conventions before as well. They go over very well, but are very pricey compared to the tens of thousands of impressions you get from online marketing.

Let me know if you come up with any other ideas!

Posted 3/24/2013
I'm sure you heard of gogoanime.com so why not express the website there because there is a lot of activity on the site.
But I image that won't work as because it must cost an arm and leg to get your commercial in there.

Posted 3/24/2013
I know of the site along with a few others like it but the cost wouldn't justify it as compared to targeting a wider range of sites at a lower cost. I think it'll pick up more once we get more reoccurring users. For now I'm just looking for a small base to help build up the database and grow the community.

Posted 3/24/2013
What kind of base did you have in mind?

Posted 3/24/2013
I have another idea that will be of no money to you or me. I can commercialize this website in the comments of popular Anime for people to see such as on gogoanime.com. By doing this hundreds will see the comment while most will disregard it some will check it and possibly subscribe here.
Well what do you think.

Posted 3/24/2013
If you want you can try to post about it on other sites. Just be careful about spamming. lol

And I'm mainly looking for about 20-30 or so active users a day. Enough to gradually add new users and debug the site.

Posted 3/24/2013
What should I say to attract people should I be causal or straight forward?

Posted 3/24/2013
An easy way to market on other forums, if you're part of them, is to provide a link to Otaku Elite in your signature or profile.

Posted 3/24/2013
An easy way to market on other forums, if you're part of them, is to provide a link to Otaku Elite in your signature or profile.
 This is the best way to do it without spamming. You can be encouraging and say something like, "Just joined this awesome new site, OtakuElite Online!" Or whatever else you think may work. That way all you need to do is contribute to the forum. And if someone happens to be talking about forums than you can be it up nonchalantly.

Posted 3/24/2013
I like that idea so sneaky.

I like it.

Posted 3/24/2013
So I thought of two things

-One an artwork gallery wear people can post there own art.

- A system where we can tell we got a message like when we are in the website we can see are account in the top right so if we get a message maybe there can be a symbol that can pop up next to it.

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;