Posted 8/05/2013
The above stands for Rabbit Bat Hybrid. As you know bats and rabbits are genetically distinct and have evolved away from one another over a millions of years. So how do we create stable off spring simple! By first obtaining a healthy egg and sperm from a rabbit we then use a virus. In this virus we have placed specific genes from a bat in it allowing the developing rabbit to produce it's proteins. The chance of the egg and sperm respectively of accepting the genes is 1/11 meaning several tries are needed. 

Once we have a stable egg and sperm they are allowed to fuse. Rather then place the fetus in a mother host it is placed in a artificially womb meant to mimic a rabbit's womb. As the fetus develops we used control hormone stimulus to cause certain growths such as jaw and wing development that a rabbit fetus usually never undergoes. 

Now that is the basics of it. Some common problems are irregular wing growth, mental retardation, aggressive behavior, blind, and paralysis. It is found only 1/10 live to adults and only 1/25 experience no ill effects.

So if you want nightmare fuel click below you brave soul!

Toggle Spoiler

Alright first up NeNe take your "Lepus curpaeums Chiroptera Hybrid" it is only suffering from blindness.

Genetically made and Produced by Mad Scientist... "TheAwsome"

Helper... 'NeNe"

Posted 8/05/2013
What do you think?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
Da heck? 

Posted 8/06/2013
Da heck? 

Welcome to my maddness sir.

By... "Mad Scientist

Posted 8/06/2013
The above stands for Rabbit Bat Hybrid. As you know bats and rabbits are genetically distinct and have evolved away from one another over a millions of years. So how do we create stable off spring simple! By first obtaining a healthy egg and sperm from a rabbit we then use a virus. In this virus we have placed specific genes from a bat in it allowing the developing rabbit to produce it's proteins. The chance of the egg and sperm respectively of accepting the genes is 1/11 meaning several tries are needed. 

Once we have a stable egg and sperm they are allowed to fuse. Rather then place the fetus in a mother host it is placed in a artificially womb meant to mimic a rabbit's womb. As the fetus develops we used control hormone stimulus to cause certain growths such as jaw and wing development that a rabbit fetus usually never undergoes. 

Now that is the basics of it. Some common problems are irregular wing growth, mental retardation, aggressive behavior, blind, and paralysis. It is found only 1/10 live to adults and only 1/25 experience no ill effects.

Toggle Spoiler

Alright first up NeNe take your "Lepus curpaeums Chiroptera Hybrid" it is only suffering from blindness.

Helper... 'NeNe"

haha. Nice work, Awsome. Love the theory put up behind it. 

How would the genetic structure be when reproduction occurs? Or will that be possible? Like will you just genetically remove the you know what?

Posted 8/06/2013

Toggle Spoiler

Helper... 'NeNe"

haha. Nice work, Awsome. Love the theory put up behind it. 

How would the genetic structure be when reproduction occurs? Or will that be possible? Like will you just genetically remove the you know what?
 Well one possible defect is loss of ability to reproduce. When the fetus is being developed the at area would have to be avoided from hormone exposure to promote normal growth which is why this creature has the abdomen of a rabbit. So in theory yes we could make a version cable of reproduction though success rate will be low.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
 Somatic cell nuclear transfer. In this world, anything is possible. If a species could be created, you can easily bet that you'd be able to clone it. Though the process takes forever... You can give your grand children an army of Bunny Bats.

Posted 8/06/2013
 Somatic cell nuclear transfer. In this world, anything is possible. If a species could be created, you can easily bet that you'd be able to clone it. Though the process takes forever... You can give your grand children an army of Bunny Bats.
 Problem is lack of a gene pool. We need more genes to keep a stable population or else interbreeding will occur. To get around this we would have to create each member special of the population and a thriving population takes 5000 at minimal. So the possiblity of making a stable population in my life time is zero.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
Great job, Awsome-kun. I heard that animals born from 2 different breeds, like a liger for example, can never reproduce anyway. 

Posted 8/06/2013
Great job, Awsome-kun. I heard that animals born from 2 different breeds, like a liger for example, can never reproduce anyway. 
 Well these aren't made through cross-breeding. The description explains in more detail.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
 Problem is lack of a gene pool. We need more genes to keep a stable population or else interbreeding will occur. To get around this we would have to create each member special of the population and a thriving population takes 5000 at minimal. So the possiblity of making a stable population in my life time is zero.

By... "TheAwsome"

So multiple samples. You could always create different variants of the cross species. Some which are more land based, or some that have a different use for their sonar abilities. Even some with stronger physical attributes. And just use different samples of DNA to create them. Then let them.. Well. You know. BLANK like bunnies. And see what comes out. At least I think that would make a pretty darn good side project. This would also open the door for natural evolution later down the line of creation.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

So multiple samples. You could always create different variants of the cross species. Some which are more land based, or some that have a different use for their sonar abilities. Even some with stronger physical attributes. And just use different samples of DNA to create them. Then let them.. Well. You know. BLANK like bunnies. And see what comes out. At least I think that would make a pretty darn good side project. This would also open the door for natural evolution later down the line of creation.
 It's not that even if we make them look different they have the same base DNA. We would need countless rabbit sperm and eggs to create genetic variety in the new population or else they suffer "Bottle Neck". But wonderful idea I must say I will create different forms as to speak.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

It's not that even if we make them look different they have the same base DNA. We would need countless rabbit sperm and eggs to create genetic variety in the new population or else they suffer "Bottle Neck". But wonderful idea I must say I will create different forms as to speak.

By... "TheAwsome"

Thank you, lol. It's fun to theorize. And yeah, you would need to use an enormous amount of DNA sampling. But then again, in the name of research... The population might need to take a hit for mother nature, lol.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Thank you, lol. It's fun to theorize. And yeah, you would need to use an enormous amount of DNA sampling. But then again, in the name of research... The population might need to take a hit for mother nature, lol.
 Well in general unless I can make 5000 genetically distinct Bunny-Bats they can't survive due to lack of genes available in the population. 

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Well in general unless I can make 5000 genetically distinct Bunny-Bats they can't survive due to lack of genes available in the population. 

By... "TheAwsome"

Huu. Well that's what research is for. Eliminating the potential setbacks is why even pharmaceuticals are held off for years and years of research before even being allowed to be tested.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;