Does streaming coding sessions from time to time interest you?
The more code the better!
Maybe just layouts and concepts.
I'd prefer a Q&A over the forums.
Too confusing or not interested.

Posted 8/08/2013
Wasn't able to get much done today because I was out with family. So tomorrow to make up for lost time I thought it would be most productive to have a live stream while I work out a lot of the client side code for the site. Client side code includes the layouts and JavaScript. Basically this is the core of the site and the stuff you can already view so there's no worries about leaking any secrets.

I may do some stuff over the mic since I know some of you were expecting to hear my voice for a change. That's if I can get twitch to work correctly with my headset.

Let me know what you think. I'll likely begin early tomorrow but begin the stream after I get the database stuff figured along with a list of things I want to get done. It's a very laid back session so don't feel obligated to watch it all. And don't worry I'll keep it as simple as possible and not go too detailed in code. The complicated stuff is normally done server side (database and code heavy stuff) anyway.

Posted 8/08/2013
Wasn't able to get much done today because I was out with family. So tomorrow to make up for lost time I thought it would be most productive to have a live stream while I work out a lot of the client side code for the site. Client side code includes the layouts and JavaScript. Basically this is the core of the site and the stuff you can already view so there's no worries about leaking any secrets.

I may do some stuff over the mic since I know some of you were expecting to hear my voice for a change. That's if I can get twitch to work correctly with my headset.

Let me know what you think. I'll likely begin early tomorrow but begin the stream after I get the database stuff figured along with a list of things I want to get done. It's a very laid back session so don't feel obligated to watch it all. And don't worry I'll keep it as simple as possible and not go too detailed in code. The complicated stuff is normally done server side (database and code heavy stuff) anyway.
I'd watch it. Would work as a good background watch while I work on HW and write up in the forums. 

I say go as deep as you're willing to. If someone wasn't interested in it I doubt they'd connect, lol. Just be ready for that chat window to explode with people chiming in whenever you: Mistype, mishandle juggling screens, go to the bathroom, put an 8 and a D anywhere near each other, start throwing random things on the screen for a laugh- The list goes on and on.

Posted 8/08/2013
I wouldn't mind as long as I have the time.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/08/2013
Woah, are you serious? I'd love to learn some coding! I actually thought I would get to during the school year but my school isn't offering it this year [grrr! (>д<)]. Yes, please!

Posted 8/08/2013
Woah, are you serious? I'd love to learn some coding! I actually thought I would get to during the school year but my school isn't offering it this year [grrr! (>д<)]. Yes, please!
 I'm just wondering when he is doing them. If it is during school that would suck. Unless they are recorded.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/08/2013
He says early tomorrow.

Posted 8/08/2013
Oh! Which would be today. Yahtzee!

Posted 8/08/2013
I would expect around.. 11AM maybe? Since I'm about to go to bed.

Posted 8/08/2013
Kay.

Posted 8/08/2013
I would just be careful about the live stream bit if you stream on Twitch or Justin because sometimes they don't take too kindly to people scripting.

Posted 8/08/2013
That's because they are normally scripting to music. If you mute it you're fine as far as copyright goes.

Posted 8/08/2013
For those bored it's www.twitch.tv/westnyo

Posted 8/08/2013
For those bored it's www.twitch.tv/westnyo
 Thanks for the link

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/08/2013
Nyo be sure to us when you start up again.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/11/2013
Thinking of doing another session tomorrow or Monday. Let me know what you guys think. Not sure when summer break ends for all over you. :(

Posted 8/11/2013
September 5.

I may not be there tomorrow, and certainly not Monday. But I'm just one person. 

Posted 8/11/2013
May hold it off until Tuesday. Not sure what my schedule is going to be. Expecting to be free everyday next week besides possibly 1.

Posted 8/13/2013
Thinking of doing a stream starting at 11 or 12 today. That's about 2 or 2 1/2 hours from now. Going to be fixing a few bugs and working on the search page update which is fairly small.

After that I'll move onto updating the submission pages for anime.

Posted 8/13/2013
Aiming for 12:30.

Posted 8/13/2013
It any of you are bored I'm now streaming at www.twitch.tv/westnyo 

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;