Posted 8/11/2013

Once I found out about this, I couldn't wait but dive head first into researching the project.

Shinichiro Watanabe, the director/storyboard writer of hit shows: Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, Samurai Champloo, Eureka Seven and Kids on the Slope, has just revealed the title of his next big project.

'Space Dandy'

And for the project he got together the elite grouping of Keiko Nobumoto, Kimiko Ueno, Dai Sato, Yoshiyuki Ito and the 80's pop sensation Yasuyuki Okamura.

Not much is known about the show, as news only recently broke out, but what has been released is that the show will revolve around main character, Dandy. An alien hunter known as the, 'Dandiest man in space.'

From the video we can tell it will take place in the far future and will likely involve alien species. And according to AnimeNewsNetwork.com we will accompany Dandy on his adventures in discovering the far reaches of the universe and what secrets it may hold.

See: AnimeNewsNetwork.com

CrunchyRoll.com has also revealed that his main goal will be something along the lines of "searching for aliens that no one has found before."

See: CrunchyRoll.com

Along side him will be his faithful companions QT, a robot of some sort, and an Anthromorphic cat named Meow.

I am definitely excited for this show to premier. I have become a major fan for almost everything that Shinichiro has ever worked on. From his brilliant taste in soundtrack and taste for a deep, secretive plot line, I am already entrapped in the web he has spun regarding this series.

All in all, hopefully we'll have a lot more news to present in the near future. But until then, please keep an eye and ear out for anything regarding this show.

Really looking forward to what you all have to say about it so please post your comments below.

A very special thanks goes to Complex for the breaking news. Please check out and follow her on her blog, found here (OtakuElite).

And, as always, keep spreading the love that is anime!

For a sneak preview of the soon to be big hit, 'Space Dandy', check out the video below!

http://youtu.be/GvxFVXplLPA

Posted 8/11/2013
For another preview of what we can expect for the OP of the new series, check out Yasuyuki's 80's hit, 'Super Girl'.

http://youtu.be/O3sAHEIN_us

Posted 8/11/2013
If you're interested in other songs which were used in Shinichiro Watanabe's other works, check out the videos below.

Macross Plus - Information High

http://youtu.be/_I5ktHgNuVE

Posted 8/11/2013
Samurai Champloo - Sanctuary Ship

http://youtu.be/O9uV08H8D0U

Posted 8/11/2013
Cowboy Bebop - Piano Bar I

http://youtu.be/Zp78kGMYTI8

Posted 8/11/2013
Eureka Seven - Days

http://youtu.be/k2TyE5Tib6s

Posted 8/11/2013
Oh just from looking at what your saying I can tell he puts forth effort in every Anime he does I expect it to be great. I have heard of most of these have I seen them all no. But from what I have seen I know I'll enjoy it. That and I just love sci-fi related Anime. And the music has something really nice about it as well. *yawn* I'm tuckered out I'll be hitting the hay tonight....

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/11/2013
Oh just from looking at what your saying I can tell he puts forth effort in every Anime he does I expect it to be great. I have heard of most of these have I seen them all no. But from what I have seen I know I'll enjoy it. That and I just love sci-fi related Anime. And the music has something really nice about it as well. *yawn* I'm tuckered out I'll be hitting the hay tonight....

By... "TheAwsome"

You said it. This is likely the most exciting thing I've heard when it comes to anime this year. I can't wait to see what they put out. And I'm so curious about the plot lines. All the anime I listed above had insanely deep plots and incredible character development. Though sometimes they put on a happy go lucky, or day by day, or slice of life front, they all have left me yearning for more and more.

Shinichiro really knows how to play to his audience. So again, I can't wait!

Posted 8/11/2013
The opening looks amazing but I have a feeling that this is going to be mostly comedy and episodic. If so it will be a good anime to watch comedy wise...I was hoping for more serious story-line anime in the near future. However, I could use fan service of tits every once in a while as long as it doesn't distract from the plot. 

Posted 8/11/2013
The trailer looks so great! Will definitely check this out. And appreciate the credits.

Posted 8/11/2013
The opening looks amazing but I have a feeling that this is going to be mostly comedy and episodic. If so it will be a good anime to watch comedy wise...I was hoping for more serious story-line anime in the near future. However, I could use fan service of tits every once in a while as long as it doesn't distract from the plot. 

Yah, he mentioned it's not going to be something to be taken seriously. So, pure comedy in other words.

Posted 8/11/2013
I wouldn't expect anything but a pure comedy. Still not sure how I feel on this one. It's definitely original so I'm going to give it a shot. I think it'll be great for the nostalgia feeling at least since it reminds me a lot of some real old anime movies and series. 

Posted 8/11/2013
I wouldn't expect anything but a pure comedy. Still not sure how I feel on this one. It's definitely original so I'm going to give it a shot. I think it'll be great for the nostalgia feeling at least since it reminds me a lot of some real old anime movies and series. 

Agreed. Because of the hype around it, and his other works, I'll be on it once it launches.

Another tidbit of info would be that in all his Dubbed renditions, of all those series, he finds amazing English voice actors. So I'm actually pretty interested to see what he's able to pull off this time as well.

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;