Posted 11/23/2012
Greetings mortals, listen there is in fact guys that like romance anime. I am one of them. on this topic well discuss romance anime and why we like them. all are welcome to the discussion so long as they remain polite.
have fun!

Posted 11/24/2012
I'm a huge fan of almost every genre. For romance series, right now I'm hooked up My Little Monster. The series reminds me a lot His and Her Circumstances. Though, my all time favorite romance series would have to be REC.

The days of romance being limited to shōjo are long past.  As much as guys may want to be Rambo, in the end we still want the girl. And with the onslaught of eroge based anime and more and more harem anime we find ourselves trading our guns in for cute girls. Though, personally I'm getting worn out by harems and cliche characters.

Posted 12/27/2012
Though I don't go out of my way to watch a romance series, I have no problem watching it. I bout the Ai Yori Aoshi  DVD set, and I will admit...I thoroughly enjoyed it.  It was refreshing to watch a series where there were no doubts about how the couple felt about each other...and they fully admitted it to themselves and each other.  A very sweet experience! =)

Posted 1/03/2013
my favorite romance anime would be Clannad and Clannad After Story but i havent been able to finde any others that have gotten me quite as hooked as Clannad/ Clannad After Story can anyone sugest a couple??

Posted 1/03/2013
my favorite romance anime would be Clannad and Clannad After Story but i havent been able to finde any others that have gotten me quite as hooked as Clannad/ Clannad After Story can anyone sugest a couple??
 I'll list a few of my favorites series to get you started:
Chobits
His and Her Circumstances
Lovely Complex
My Little Monster
Peach Girl
REC (favorite of the list)
Tokyo Marble Chocolate

There are a ton of other romances I love but I left out harem's and series were romance wasn't the primary focus.

Hope that helps!

Posted 1/05/2013

The romances I've watched are most, clannad was the one that made me shed tears the most, has annoying watched a anime Called say "I love you", its a good fuckin anime that if you like romance you will fucking love it its one of the most realistic romances I think I've watched so you better watching it if your a romance fan.

Posted 1/14/2013
I have seen the series, and I do agree that it is one of the best Romance animes I have seen.

Posted 3/21/2013
I can thoroughly enjoy any romance anime if I can get into it.
I have seen Rec I loved it but I wish it was longer.EXAMPLES
-Clannad:

I cried five episodes strait!
-To Love Ru: It is one of the few ecchi harmen that I seen and enjoyed.(

Sadly To Love Ru Darkness was a shame while it did keep its plot it added more ecchi.)
-My Wife is a Mermaid: I suggest you watch if you like wholesome fun, laughing, and decent romance

Posted 6/28/2013
I have a confession to make.
When I watched Clannad and Clannad After Story...
-I cried.

If I see a romance anime that looks promising, I will watch it.
Although I prefer Romantic Comedies more than straight Romances.
A lot of guys I know will only watch Ecchi and Moe stuff, which I do watch them too, but there is so much more that one could enjoy. Also, for some reason those very same people won't watch Forbidden Love anime.

Some Romances/Romantic Comedies I like are:
-My Sister is Among Them
-Clannad
-Clannad After Story
-Say I Love You
-My Little Sister Can't be This Cute
-My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Posted 6/28/2013
I enjoyed My Sister is Among Them too 

Posted 6/28/2013
-I cried.

A lot of guys I know will only watch Ecchi and Moe stuff, which I do watch them too, but there is so much more that one could enjoy. Also, for some reason those very same people won't watch Forbidden Love anime.

-My Sister is Among Them
-Clannad
-Clannad After Story
-Say I Love You
 You sir have good taste.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/28/2013
I like romance.

Posted 6/28/2013
Yes romance is an interesting genre. One in which we get to observe human relationships un-fold. Generally today this genre get abused by fan-service or extremely un-realistic scene. Still this genre can invoke emotions you won't get from any other genre. It is always worth the look if its a romance in general. You just have to find the good ones.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/28/2013
-I cried.

-My Sister is Among Them
-Clannad
-Clannad After Story
-Say I Love You

My Little Sister Can't be This Cute & My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected are some of the best out there. And I have to add My Little Monster to that list.

I've notice one character type recently from romantic comedies. I have yet to see a word for them. But I describe them as Social Introverts. The two best examples are Asako Natsume and Yui Yuigahama. These are two of the best characters I've ever seen in a romantic character. They're actually so great that they tend to overshadow the main characters at times. 

I'll probably do a blog post this weekend about them because the concept is just fascinating  The basic idea is these are characters that appear to be extroverts at first, but once you start to analyze them you soon realize they are introverts who are socially active. They tend to share many of the traits of tsundere characters but have a very distinct personality type that I just haven't seen in anime until recently.

Posted 6/28/2013
Ah yes "My Little Monster" you suggested me that it was great. I feel the Anime was dealing with several love stories while keeping primarily in one character's perspective on it all.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/28/2013
-I cried.

-My Sister is Among Them
-Clannad
-Clannad After Story
-Say I Love You

My Little Sister Can't be This Cute & My Youth Romantic Comedy is Wrong as I Expected are some of the best out there. And I have to add My Little Monster to that list.

I've notice one character type recently from romantic comedies. I have yet to see a word for them. But I describe them as Social Introverts. The two best examples are Asako Natsume and Yui Yuigahama. These are two of the best characters I've ever seen in a romantic character. They're actually so great that they tend to overshadow the main characters at times. 

I'll probably do a blog post this weekend about them because the concept is just fascinating  The basic idea is these are characters that appear to be extroverts at first, but once you start to analyze them you soon realize they are introverts who are socially active. They tend to share many of the traits of tsundere characters but have a very distinct personality type that I just haven't seen in anime until recently.

But wait, I don't think Yui overshadows Hikigaya at all. Hikki is an extreme introvert and he does not fail to have us see that, in his thoughts and his actions. Yui, well, I think she could be just as introverted as him but perhaps a bit less. Because we don't get a view into her life and her mind, we really don't see the extremities of her introverted-ness and that to me makes Hikki seem more of an introvert. She's definitely tsundere though, but I think that personality is more attributed to girls than male characters in anime.
And, I think the term you use to describe them is correct. Even if there isn't a '-dere' word to describe them.

Posted 6/28/2013
-I cried.

-My Sister is Among Them
-Clannad
-Clannad After Story
-Say I Love You

But wait, I don't think Yui overshadows Hikigaya at all. Hikki is an extreme introvert and he does not fail to have us see that, in his thoughts and his actions. Yui, well, I think she could be just as introverted as him but perhaps a bit less. Because we don't get a view into her life and her mind, we really don't see the extremities of her introverted-ness and that to me makes Hikki seem more of an introvert. She's definitely tsundere though, but I think that personality is more attributed to girls than male characters in anime.
And, I think the term you use to describe them is correct. Even if there isn't a '-dere' word to describe them.
 I think that Yui plays more of a role in the story than most would give her credit for. Hikki is more of an anti-hero with pure goals in mind that acts as the twisty tie for the plot. Without either of the characters, there would be no story, love interest, or a basic intrigue. Sure there are ways to think that one character overshadows the other, but at the roots of it all, they hold the same amount of importance.

Posted 6/28/2013
Yes, I also think one is equally as important as the other. 

Posted 6/28/2013
In that case I was thinking of more Asako than Yui. Even though Asako is only a supporting character I feel her story becomes a lot more prominent at times. At the end of the series I actually wanted them to focus on her story more so than the main.

Posted 6/28/2013
In that case I was thinking of more Asako than Yui. Even though Asako is only a supporting character I feel her story becomes a lot more prominent at times. At the end of the series I actually wanted them to focus on her story more so than the main.
 I agree, Asako should have had more attention in the series. Even if she was just there to help the story move along and to create the base for each event.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;